Welcome to Amphibious Energy
Amphibious Energy specialises in providing renewable energy to offshore platforms, and off-grid onshore locations. It has developed a transportable, autonomous Energy Container – the Energy Pod, that is powered by a specialised offshore wind turbine, and provides platforms with renewable energy.
Why the Energy Pod?
The recent Oil and Gas industry downturn has forced the industry to be more cost effective in their daily operations offshore as well as onshore. The North Sea has also moved into its decommissioning phase, as infrastructure is outdated and fields are depleted. In addition, the industry has been under pressure due to the environmental impact of oil and gas production. These challenges call for new technologies that can help the industry in not only cutting their costs, but being autonomous and also more environmentally friendly.
Amphibious Energy (AE) has focused on these challenges by developing a transportable, unique wind-driven Energy Pod that is durable, safe, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly. The Energy Pod can provide continuous and/or peak load for the platforms, and can be remotely controlled via Sat-com.
Move your mouse over the different parts of the Energy Pod for a technical description.
For a detailed description of the Energy Pod follow the button below.
- 100% clean, renewable energy
- Complies with regulations to protect the environment
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Combats climate change
- Wind turbine noise reduction (<40dB), due to unique blade design
- All materials used are Offshore approved
- Life time of 10+ years
- Easy to transport
- Can be used on multiple sites during its life time
- 2 year service intervals with major parts replacement service at 5 years
- Generates, stores, and delivers energy in a safe manner
- Reduces risks associated with the use of combustion engines onboard platforms
- The enclosed wind turbine housing protects the safety of crew members, and prevents the rotating blades to cause sparks
- The Energy Management System can be monitored and controlled remotely by the operator via Sat-com system
- In case of system failure, the batteries will continue to deliver power for 12 days (for continues load system)
Reduces Operating Costs
- Cuts diesel generator fuel costs
- Cuts maintenance costs due to long service intervals
- Reduces the power-dump load for large conventional generators, due to low to mid power requirements on unmanned autonomous and decommissioned platforms
- Immediately produces and delivers energy after installation
Welcome to our new website! We worked hard to give our viewers the opportunity to explore AE’s offshore as well as onshore product options in the best possible way. For our offshore clients we have added a larger Energy Pod- the Twin Head Energy Pod to our product...
AE has introduced its newly designed Hybrid Energy Pod at the Port of Rotterdam’s Maasvlakte 2. Live performance data will be collected via a 4G network and users will be able to see this on the website. Please feel free to contact us should you wish to arrange a...
AE is proud to announce the launch of our Hybrid Energy Pod product range. Combining wind and solar energy with the possibility to store the generated energy, gives the offshore aswell as the onshore user a unique all-in one power generation unit. The Hybrid Energy...